Sunday, May 25, 2008

A True Barn Find




My future brother-in-law called this weekend to tell me about a car that I might be interested in. He said the car has been in a barn for the past 15 years and wasn’t sure of the condition. Sure enough I drove over to take a look. To my surprise the car was a Monterey Blue 1967 Karmann Ghia Hardtop! Judging by the reg. & inspection stickers the car hasn’t been driven on the street since 1975!

Overall the body is rough, as most VW’s of this vintage are. The rust is present at the typical spots for these cars (Lower rocker panels, headlight bezels, front nose). It appears to have been repaired on one side. Otherwise the car is in great shape all things considered. The bumpers are dirty chrome but should clean up nicely. The interior is complete and in great shape. The engine bay looks to be in good condition also, no major rust or oil stains.

We are still ironing out the details and price, but this could be a once in a lifetime chance!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet. I just bought a 1964 Ghia in similar condition, and am in the process of fixing it up. =)

    ReplyDelete