Monday, May 26, 2008

It's Alive!!

It’s alive! After being out of commission for many weeks the hatchback runs again. With the driverside wire tuck out of the way, I installed some new gaskets to alleviate some of the fluid leaks. I tightened some of the loose couplers, filled the oil, connected the battery and held m breath. Sure enough Mr. Ed didn’t disappoint and fired right up! I proceeded to drive it on the street for the remainder of the weekend and flogged it every opportunity. Overall the car runs well, however there are a couple flat spots where the ignition timing needs to be addressed. They will be addressed further when the car is tuned.

Also this weekend I stripped the interior to more of a race spec. Who needs carpet & consoles anyway? I would like to eventually remove the rest of the sound deadening tar from the floorboards, all in due time. For now the focus is getting the car to run safely, and prepping it for an incident free upcoming rallyx!

I also did something very uncharacteristic for me.... WASHED THE CARS :P

No comments:

Post a Comment